- Use a stand mixer and mix the butter and honey until fluffy using the flat beater
- Melt the dark chocolate in a double sauce pan (“au bain marie”), avoid water splashing in to the chocolate
- Add the chocolate to the butter and continue mixing until the mixture is fluffy
- Add the rum very carefully (bit by bit)
- Prepare a piping bag with a nozzle no 10 or just cut the tip until the right size
- Fill the bag with the chocolate mixture (“ganache”)
- Pipe the truffles on a paper lined tin sheet like small ping-pong balls
- Transfer to the fridge for about 1-2 hours (until they are firm)
- Melt the chocolate in a double sauce pan and let cool down until 87.8°F (31°C)
- Dip the ganache in the melted chocolate
- Roll the wet truffle in the almond shavings
- Let it dry at a cool place.
Now you have the perfect homemade gift!