Almond sponge cake
- Mix and beat together
- Whip the egg whites together with the sugar until stiff. Fold to the almond mix delicately
- Sieve and fold in. Spread out on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes at 375°F (190°C). Cut out circles to fit in the dessert glasses
- Bring to the boil and reduce until marmelade
Dark chocolate mousse
- Whisk the egg yolks with half the sugar
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a double pan, take away from the stove
- Add the egg yolks to the chocolate
- Beat the egg whites and the rest of the sugar until it’s firm
- Add delicately to the chocolate
Finishing and presentation
- Pipe a layer of dark chocolate mousse in the glasses.
- Cover with a slice of almond sponge cake, raspberry marmelade and a second slice of sponge cake.
- Fill up with dark chocolate mousse and some chocolate decorations.